The Christmas season is always exciting. Giving gifts is a sweet and simple way to show love to your people, although buying Christmas gifts can be a tedious task.
You are constantly thinking about what to get for everyone and satisfy them. Luckily, we have got the best options for you.
This article will discuss the brief history of Christmas, fun party ideas for everyone to relax, costumes, and the best Christmas gift ideas.
Brief History Of Christmas
Christmas has roots in both pagan and Roman cultures. In December, the Romans observed two holidays. The first was Saturnalia, a two-week festival honoring their agricultural god Saturn. They celebrated the birth of Mithra, their sun god, on December 25th.
When Christianity spread across Europe, the Christian clergy converted the pagan ritual for Mithra into a celebration of Jesus. This was because the date of Jesus’ birth was known.
Fun Christmas Party Ideas
Attending a Christmas party could be just what you need to unwind. Here are some entertaining party ideas to consider.
- A gift exchange– this could be compared to the white elephant. Except that everyone gathers with a gift addressed to a person.
- Family time: A family bonding and catching up decorating event.
- Bible games– You can’t properly celebrate Christmas unless you take it to church, which is an excellent way to do so.
Unique Christmas Costumes
What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “dressing up”? Christmas is the first holiday that springs to mind. Christmas is all about getting dressed up.
Here are a few Christmas costumes to get you excited:
- Santa Claus Costume – the traditional red and white two-piece with a cap and white beard. This is a fun outfit to wear; it may not be the most comfortable, but it is worth it for the smiles.
- Elf Costume– these are Santa’s helpers who ensure that the good children receive their gifts. Dressing up as an elf is a surefire way to attract attention.
- Three wise men Costume – these are the men who followed Jesus with a star and gave him gold, myrrh, and frankincense. Because of the current year gap in fashion, this will take some effort, but it will be worth it.
- Preacher Costume– Dressing up as a preacher of the word is such a wholesome decision. Vintage-retro has a cool collection of dresses that’ll fit just right.
Christmas Gift Ideas
It takes time to choose the right gift for everyone during the holidays. The following are a few pleasant Christmas gift ideas that are worth purchasing:
- Wine– Jesus turned water into wine, but you can’t. Quality red wine is a timeless and perfect gift. You can equally wrap it with their favorite items in a hamper basket.
- Acrylic standee– Put a picture of Jesus, the recipient, or their pet in the acrylic standee. You could leave it empty and let the receiver customize the acrylic frame to their taste.
- Custom Keychain– This is an excellent gift because the receiver will use it daily. You can personalize it by writing a Christmas poem on it. You can get a custom keychain from Pdodo.
- A Christmas card is a very personal and physical note of appreciation. It’s also simple and perfect, especially when you add a simple gratitude comment.
- Perfume is a timeless gift because everyone loves to scent well.
- Toys-If the receiver is a fan of a franchise with toys like Optimus Prime or Marvel characters, getting them one of the toys is a great idea.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. Christmas should be a fun time for you.
Spending time with loved ones and setting goals for the coming year is crucial to have fun at Christmas. This article discusses the dreaded topic of getting Christmas gifts, as well as fun things to do and creative costumes to try on.